As it has always been, the safety and security of our clients remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with public health authorities to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous. Our assistants are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols, the Cleaning Crew has increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobby, door handles, bathrooms, conference rooms, meeting rooms, library, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant. We have increased the availability of antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout the lobby, conference rooms and inner offices. We have crafted a path to provide assistance to our clients and visitors, and we are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at our law firm.
The Law Offices of James A.H. Bell, P. C. is wholly dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients, and their comfort and safety is a prime objective during their troublesome issues during pre-litigation, litigation and settlement discussions. Because of the dire warnings from the Coronavirus Pandemic and the consequences of its effects, the Law Firm has made significant changes to address the Coronavirus threat to the clients, the members of the firm, and the public.
1. Our initial meeting can be made via SKYPE. In order to avoid you coming to the office for consultation, we are offering the meet with you via the Internet. If you have a Windows based computer, then Skype can be downloaded for free. Please call the office for further instructions 865-637-2900 regarding the use of this program. The first thirty minutes of the consultation will cost you no money.
2. An alternative means of an initial meeting with us can occur with FACETIME program. Facetime is available on most I-pads, computers and I-phones. Please call the office for further instructions 865-637-2900 regarding the use of this program. The first thirty minutes of the consultation will cost you no money.
3. Another alternative means of meeting with clients and others after employment will occur on a ZOOM program. Please call the office for further instructions 865-637-2900 regarding the use of this program. This program allows for face to face meetings, and exchange of documents for review via PowerPoint. Messaging is also another form of communication. We can connect with multiple individuals in and out of the office on a conference discussion. All of these discussions will be in real time, and allows as much of a discussion as if you were physically within the curtilage of the office.
4. At the conclusion of the meeting, should we accept your case, we can email you a contract of employment that can be signed electronically.
a. In personal injury cases, medical malpractice cases, wrong death actions and other cases where there is the potential of a financial recovery, we offer representation on a contingent fee based arrangement.
b. In defending civil cases where there is no insurance for the client, we offer representation on a fee based arrangement, and billing will be calculated in tenths of an hour.
c. In defending criminal cases where the client is faced with imprisonment, we offer representation on a fee based arrangement, or billing by time. Our time based billing will be calculated in tenths of an hour.
d. In defending cases before various boards, such as the Board of Medical Examiners, the Board of Professional Responsibility or other administrative hearings, where the client is faced with professional sanctions such as loss of license or other calamitous results, we offer representation on a fee based arrangement, or billing by time. Our time based billing will be calculated in tenths of an hour.
5. If there is a meeting within the office, we offer plenty of masks, rubber gloves, sanitizers, hospital grade materials, and other health based prophylactic measures to make you and your loved ones accompanying you to feel safe and secure in your surroundings.
6. Please be advised that the Office Management has had detailed instructions to the support staff for the continual employment of sanitary conditions in the time of this pandemic. The support staff has been trained to follow a strict protocol for health and safety of all employees, staff, and clients. They have been instructed to address these matters with all visitors, and clients. We have placed severe restrictions on who enters the office and we frequently sanitized writing utensils, doorknobs, desks, keyboards, and other porous surfaces. Finally, our cleaning crew has been employed with this office for more than thirty years. That crew has likewise been instructed for the improvement of sanitary conditions for the office. One other observation: if any staff member has any elevated fever, long term headache or cough, they are instructed not to come to the office for work. This firm has taken very reasonable professional steps to seek to avoid anyone becoming infected from the pandemic from any contamination of this office.
7. Finally, as of the first of March of this year, we have been able to network with the local courts regarding the appearance of our clients in the courtroom at the courthouse. So far, our professional path has been accepted by our adversaries, and the judges so that allowances have been made for excused attendance by the clients. We contend with filings electronically to avoid exposure to ourselves to avoid exposure to others. Additionally, for civil cases, we are confident that depositions, mediations and other meetings with the parties can be accomplished with these electronic means.
Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to address the pandemic that threatens many of us who are at high risk for infection during this difficult time. We remain committed to offering you flexible appointment and meeting electronically as options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual policies to provide you extra comfort and peace of mind. Your health and safety are an important concern of this office and we all will be better off because we have implemented these healthy procedures.
©The Law Offices of James A.H. Bell, P.C. 2020.
All Rights Reserved.